Medical Staff Members
Patient Information Registration Process
Registration Process• The surgeon identifies with the patient the need for surgery and schedules the day with the SurgiCenter.
• Paperwork is completed by the surgeon’s office and then the patient is directed to the SurgiCenter.
• The patient is asked to come to the SurgiCenter prior to the surgery in order to preregister and, if necessary, to get directions for laboratory tests. This makes the day of surgery, when most people are usually anxious, a very simple process. The patient will just check in and go directly to the preop area.
• The day before the surgery a nurse will call the patient to give instructions for the next day and answer any last minute questions.
• At the time that the patient registers, he will be asked if he has a living will or durable power of attorney. We believe that it is important for everyone to have one, however, during the surgical procedure these will be “waived” – that means in the very unlikely event that something life threatening might happen during surgery, every effort will be made to assist the patient during that time.
• The day after surgery, a nurse will call the patient to see how well he is feeling and to help with any problems or questions.
Nursing and business office staff are available to answer questions before surgery, during or after the patient goes home. It is our goal to make this a very pleasant experience.